Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Our Start

First post on our married blog. It's been almost 2 weeks since I married my husband. It is literally the best thing in the world to be married. Falling asleep in his arms and waking up next to him is something I'd never trade for anything. A lot has happened the past few weeks.

Our wedding was very memorable. Now, looking at it, I wouldn't have it any other way. Through all the stress, tears, anger, frustration I'd never change a thing. My florist may have forgotten my flowers, it may have been blizzarding like crazy, but in the end, I married my best friend for eternity. I had my whole family there and all of my best friends. My dad was supportive and he truly was proud of me. The temple experience was so crazy. I was hyperventilating up until the second I stepped into the temple. Then all my fears and frustrations were taken away. I was calm, peaceful, and happy.

Last Saturday, we had our open house in Rexburg and it was beautiful. All of Brandon's family was there. At the end of it, I cried. I cried because I realized how lucky I truly am. I have the best husband, and I married into such an amazing family. I never thought that you could have so much love for a bunch of people you just barely met. I love every single one of them like my own family. Brandon's brother and cousin decided that they wanted to "decorate the car." Imagine 3 down feather pillows (without the pillow part, just the feathers.), packing peanuts, candy, paper and 45lbs of birdseed dumped into brandon's car, filled to the top and sealed shut with 3 huge rolls of saran wrap. THAT'S what we saw. Needless to say, it took a lot of cleaning up, and there are STILL feathers all over the front lawn of the church.

This weekend I get to go see my family. I get to be with my friends in Post Falls, and my open house is going to be amazing. My mom is doing so much, and she has no idea how much I appreciate it.

We've got a lot of our apartment put together and I love having a place of our own. I liked living with roommates for the most part, but I'd never go back. My husband cooks, cleans, and takes care of me. He'll cuddle all night long if I ask him to. He's constantly showing that he loves and cares about me. Last night, for example, he came home with flowers. People said that would stop when we got married, but I know that it will continue on for the rest of my life. Brandon will be on here too I'm sure. Making posts about our life together and we'll be sharing pictures and stories.

Pictures should be up soon. We have to go back to Logan and take couples pictures. You couldn't see our faces due to the snow on our wedding day. Our wonderful photographers are doing so much to help us out.

If you're having a wedding in Logan or the surrounding areas
Thousand Words Photography: http://www.thousandwordsphotography.biz Now out of West Jordan. Fantastic people to work with and a lot of fun ideas. :) Very talented.
Reflections Videography: http://www.reflectionweddingvideos.com/index2.php?v=v1#/home/ He was amazing to work with. So much fun, and amazing videography.
Macey's floral: DO NOT use. The florist forgot my flowers, and she was in San Diego. They had to call in everyone they could and put together $500 worth of flowers in an hour. They looked terrible. Don't even risk it. Use someone else in the area.
Kami at Valhallasa Salon: She did my hair. It withstood the wind, and the blizzard. Very accommodating and it looked perfect. http://valhallasas.com
Iron Gate Grill: We had our luncheon there, and it was perfect. Everything went as planned and everyone loved and raved over the food. Jeremy is so nice and made sure everything was taken care of in a timely manner, and instead of having his workers serve food, he was there doing it himself. I'll go back there every time I go to Logan.

-Autumn Jolley

1 comment:

  1. You beautiful girl!!! I just love you so much and am sooo happy for you!!!! I'm sorry to hear the florist was a flake (haha like that...there were flakes on your day) and didn't have flower for you!! So happy that your man is good enough for you, cause you are an amazing girl!!! Enjoy married life! It just gets better!!! Love ya!

    Corinne :)

    ReplyDelete